Portugal, Malaga & More

 


I've been meaning to catch up on the blog for a couple of week now and have finally gotten around to it. I've a lot to cover so forgive me if this blog is a little disjointed. 

We'll start with online where I've been grinding a lot recently in between live events. I'm playing mostly online with my sponsors KKpoker and had a good few tournament wins in the last month. 

 

recent online scores

KKpoker are currently running satellites where you can win packages for their upcoming Bratislava Poker Festival but be quick as there's only a few chances left. The festival runs  16th to 21 July 

I'm really enjoying playing on the site and all my friends who have signed up are very impressed with the software. 

KKpoker provide an excellent smooth and fast playing platform, instant rakeback for all players and non-stop bonuses. 

If you'd like to sign up to KKpoker and play with me on the site please use my sign up link https://kkpoker.club/cookiejar   . If you sign up using this link, contact me on Facebook or Instagram with your username and I'll add $20 to your account straight away.    

 Onto the live stuff. I had three trips abroad and one home IrishPokerTour event since my last blog resulting in a total of five cashes. 

Hendon Mob since last blog 

My first trip was to Nottingham and I won't bore you with bad beats but there was a few entries to the main event and high roller dusted off over the week. 

Next up was ESPT/UKIPT Malaga. A couple of bullets were fired at the main event with no joy. It was a similar story in a few of side events until I finally had a deep run at the €550 NL Deepstack. Eventually finishing 21st  my exit hand was a blind on blind battle for a big stack which I unfortunately lost.

Liam, Myself and Darren at the tables in Portugal

The much anticipated Irish Poker Tours visit to Portugal didn't disappoint. It was a magical week of poker and craic at the tours Portugal Adventure Troia. 

There was some brilliant performances from tour regulars over the week. Irish Poker Tour Ambassador Darren Harbinson had a great run in the main event finishing 7th for €9000. Just out before Darren in the main was another northern player Liam McVeigh who finished 8th for €7,500. Liam had a fantastic week with three final tables; 8th main event, 5th in the mystery bounty and taking down the €250 Irish Poker Tours "poker cup".  

Another notable performance was that of Michael Harland in the Monster Stack. Michael is a well liked regular on the tour and everyone was delighted to see him take first prize of €8,640 in this one.  

Irish Poker Tour regulars doing well in Portugal and Dublin

My own Portuguese adventure had two enjoyable runs and cashes. I finished 25th in the main event for a nice €2,500. I was just unable to get anything going on the final day but I loved playing the event and followed that result up with 11th in the €300 Troia Poker Cup. In that one I played an exciting exit-hand three-way all in for all the chips. My AK V QQ & JJ, it was all look good with the first two card of the flop being AA but the Jack was lurking behind the 2nd Ace.

It was a fantastic week for all the players and kudos to Fintan and all the team involved in creating such a memorable week of poker. I'm sure everyone who attended can't wait until next year edition. 

Trophy


Last week saw a return of the Irish Poker Tour to the Green Isle Hotel for the Summer in Dublin Festival. Another excellent event with all guarantees smashed. I managed to bag a trophy in the last event of the festival after another mid-twenties finish in the main event. My win was in the  € 130 + 20 Pot Limit Omaha - 4/5/6 Level of Each for €2,300, My good buddy Liam Chevalier who is pictured above coming second to me for a second time in a 2024 PLO event. Also pictured above is another good friend of mine Shane Keary who took down the €250 PLO in Dublin so a shoutout to Shane. 

That's a lot of typing for me so until the next blog, be lucky at the tables.


KKPoker Sign Up

 My Facebook

My Instagram

Irish Poker Tour

   




   




   

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog